Friday, June 12, 2015

There's always knitting

and it's usually lace.  Actually, I haven't knitted any lace for yonks (technical term) and I was starting to get itchy fingers.  Frost, flowers and leaves has been on my list for quite a long time and I've finally begun:

Not a great picture, but this is Thom Christophe's circular start, which is very like this one on Fleegle's blog (except he does a yo after knitting the stitch through the loop).  It's a good start and has the benefit of not requiring a crochet hook, which one (by which I mean "I") can never find when one needs it.

I've finished chart 1 (round 66) and am almost done with the first repeat of chart 2.


There she is in all her un-photogenic, pre-blocking glory.

I took some pics of a few flowers (as best I could):

It really doesn't look much like that but I hope you can get the general idea.

All this new yarn came about, if you remember, because 'im indoors thought he might like new socks. 

Having just finished my toe-up Show-Off Stranded Socks, I just couldn't bear the thought of knitting the same pattern right away.  I did some investigation and came up with a few "manly" patterns.  The one that won the prize was the 2k 2p inside out socks.

I have made a start:


I don't know about starting the ribbing right from the off - it might be better do a more "normal" toe and then set off on the pattern.  It's done now anyway.

The sole is plain:


I just popped onto Ravelry to check something out and right there on the front page was an ad for this cardie/skirt thingie (tt).  Obviously, it's either a cardigan or a skirt (and not both at the same time).  I love things that turn into other things.  I couldn't help myself.  I bought Lopes and cast on immediately.  Pictures next time.



No comments: