Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ann, if that's you, stop reading right now!

Today is Ann-at-work's birthday. I know she occasionaly reads this blog, and I don't want to spoil the surprise, hence the admonishment above.

I came upon the perfect thing for Ann-at-work's birthday the other day, while flittering about in cyberspace. A quick rootle in the stash and (literally) a few minutes with big, fat needles resulted in this:



Yes, it's a big, blue banana. (NB: There is no "r" in banana. Ann, are you listening?) Of course, everyone needs a big, blue banana in their lives.

Want to know a secret? It's not a big, blue banana. It's this:



Any wiser? Here it is pre-felting. And here it is after, with the "handles" attached:



It's the "you-can't loose-me-no-matter-how-much-you-try" bag. Handles are some odd bracelets that #1 daughter donated. Pattern is here on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog.

I'm off to work to hand over said bag.

Happy Birthday, Ann. Don't you dare lose that bag!

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

It's adorable! I love the colors, and so cute. I am so addicted to this pattern right now :)

happyspider said...

happy birthday anne!