Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shipston Wool Fair

The weather was beautiful (unlike last year, when it rained without cease).  These are Portlands and they certainly looked cooler after the shearing:






I think this is a Herdwick: (but I could be wrong  - don't quote me)


I was seriously tempted to bring home one of these:


because I saw this:



It was only when #1 son reminded me that we were travelling on the bus that I thought better of it.   More info about Wensleydales here.

There was a fair amount of knitting:




Here I am knitting with skinny (tt) yarn on skinny needles.

Then I saw Nicky's knitting:


Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous:


We modelled the "Shipston Hat" - made from sheep to head in one day last year:


I took the opportunity to photograph the lace bolero I made for Nicky's shop, Shipston Needlecraft:


It really was a lovely day.

News of yarn purchases (yes, really!), knitting and Jacob Sheep will have to wait.



1 comment:

littlelixie said...

Wonderful mental image of you nonchalantly getting on the bus with sheep and telling the driver "Two please". Bolero is divine! Are they tulips?