Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'm a virgin

There are no photographs here. If you are looking for eye-candy, look away now.

I've never been tagged before(except in the schoolyard) but never one to do things by halves, I've been tagged twice. Once by Lixie (aka the Cyberstalker) and once by Annie. Since I'm a virgin, please forgive me if this all goes up the shoot.

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy
pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies
A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your friendslist to do the same.

1 - I get a "p" and a "b" mixed up. Not in speech, in writing. Trying to write, with a pen and paper, the word "public" is a nightmare. I have to sound out the letters each time. This difficulty extends to using a keyboard, too, which I find very odd. I can understand the difficulty in handwriting, where the letters are similar, but on the keyboard?

2 - All the cups in the cupboard (another hard word) at work have to be stacked in fours and have to have their handles pointing to the right. I had thought of taking a photograph here, but then I realised it was a step too far.

3 - I have to read about it before I do it. Sometimes, I actually read about it as I am doing it. Not looking at St Mark's Square when I'm in it but reading the Blue Guide instead.

4 - I hate the "greengrocer's apostrophe". If you don't know what that is, you need to go and read Lynne Truss' book "Eats, Shoots and Leaves". It might be to do with the English teacher in me, it might be to do with having half a brain. You choose.

and at that point, I ran out of idiosyncrasies. I never thought I had any idiosyncrasies, anyway. It's perfectly normal to have two sharp sticks and a bit of string in your hands, day and night, isn't it?

So, I asked "'im indoors" and he said, "Well, you wear hats, and not so many people do that."

5 - Every single time I step out of the house (even if I'm only going down to the gate), I wear a hat. I have about 47 hats - those are the ones in the living room, which is where the hats live. There may be other, rogue, hats scattered around the house. That's not idiosyncratic, is it?

If anyone is bothered about the knitting (which is what this is all about, right?), I am up/down to the hip shaping on the corset from Hades; I have not done a single stitch on RFD (work it out); and I cannot wait for the start of the Mystery Shawl, though I have not had time to do a swatch ( a what??), nor wind the yarn.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh...someone else with the p b thing...

Annie said...

Apostrophes - I'm right with you there, Kate, and I've indoctrinated my daughters too!
Annie